Group 1: Questions to Child Development Specialists
1. Why do you think play is important in learning?
2. Do you have any favorite quotes from psychologists or other learning experts about the importance of play and learning?
3. Do you think the Judy Clock is a helpful educational toy?
4. I am wondering if you happened to have learned telling time with the Judy Clocks or something similar
Group 2: Questions to Teachers
1. Do you use this clock to teach telling time?
2. If so, what do you like about it?
3. Did you use this clock or a similar kind to learn to tell time when you were a student?
4. If not, how did you learn to tell time?
5. Do students use this clock in different ways then just to learn to tell time? Do they use it in imagination play?
6. Was the Judy Clock helpful in teaching your students to tell time?
Group 3: Questions to Family
1. How did Hymie come up with idea of the Judy clock?
2. When was the Judy clock invented?
3. Did Hymie think that decades later the Judy Clock would still be used?
4. What were Hymie’s most important accomplishments in The Judy Company?
5. How would you describe Hymie’s business legacy?
6. Would Hymie have been surprised that the Judy clock is being used in schools in Costa Rica (I just found that out from a former teacher of mine)?